Thursday, January 3, 2019

Follow Your Heart | Amanda Baldwin


Hi Friends! 

Welcome back for more digital cut file inspiration!
Amanda here, and to start off 2019 I am all about stash busting my supplies. Time to use up all the things and have a fresh start to the New Year! Yay!
To save time, I often cut an extra cut file or two in white cardstock to 'save' for a just incase or unexpected project. I call these my 'back up files' for times when my software needs a lengthy update or just doesn't want to play nice (you know what I'm talkin' 'bout, right?) LOL!
Well, in my back up stash, I had cut the awesome Follow Your Heart file - perfect for combining with my hoarded stash of Pink Paislee's Auburn Lane.....

"Forever Friends"


Follow your heart, indeed! Isn't this pretty?!! Totally swoon worthy!  
The pink backed heart against the textured woodgrain paper is just stunning!

The Follow Your Heart file is just the BEST!
Here's what it looks like....

image 0

Such a fun design! You can get this awesome file HERE!

Here's a closer look at my beautiful layout....


I have backed the heart with 4 of the Pink Paislee Auburn Lane pattern papers, then foam mounted a die cut ephemera heart in the center. For added interest & a lil' bling, I use pink sequins at each of the heart 'joins' - so pretty!  


Before adding the Follow Your Heart cut file to my layout, I add a beautiful layer of paint splatters & droplets. I use watered down white acrylic paint plus Shimmerz Paints Vibez sprays in Pop Art Pink, Sweet Heart & Razzeldazzel Berry. So effective! 
I foam mount the heart, and attach it to that mixed media and woodgrain base. 
I add the beautiful ephemera tag to the heart, and then wrap the gold foam Thickers title around the heart....



SO gorgeous! 
I also embellish the heart with die cut ephemera blooms - because there's no such thing as too many florals, right?! 


And lastly, I add my beautifully adorned and framed photograph to the Follow Your Heart feature!


Beautiful!
A light sprinkle of sequins, & some enamel hearts and dots complete this lovely layout! 
I hope you enjoyed seeing my first layout for The Cut Shoppe for 2019! 
And you can see more fabulous designs in The Cut Shoppe HERE

Thanks so much for visiting!




No comments:

Post a Comment