Monday, September 16, 2019

9th Grade | Fall Favorites Digital Stamp With Theresa

Hello Lovelies, Theresa here with a mixed media layout I created using the Fall Favorites Digital Stamp! I simply adore digital stamps because they are so incredibly versatile, and these are amazing!


I was inspired by the leaf with the tiny heart in the center, so that is the first stamp I worked with. I also used the Fall Noted stamp so let's look at all the details!



The leaf needed a bit of manipulating to turn it into a cut file, and Photoshop makes that easy enough. I opened the PNG file in Photoshop and selected the inside of the leaf using the Lasso tool. I then Selected the Inverse so that the leaf would be filled and the heart would be seen as a cut. 


Once I had it saved in Photoshop I brought it into the Silhouette and duplicated it, then Traced and Cut it. I am using the Just A Little Lovely collection from Pinkfresh Studio for this layout. Cutting these leaves from one of the green papers is so satisfying!


There were so many stamps in this collection, I decided to use the Fall Noted as a digital stamp on my photo. My photo had a bit of contrast between the green leaves and the sunny sky, which made the digital stamp not show up really well. So again I manipulated it in Photoshop to make part of if Black, and part of it White.


To make digital stamps a different color I use a clipping mask, so you add a Layer over top of your stamp and Fill it the color you want, then right click on that Layer and click Create Clipping Mask. To make a portion of the stamp a different color, I did that twice and then used the Erase tool to reveal the color underneath.


I hope this has inspired you to think about using digital stamps in other fun ways on your layout! They are so very flexible and definitely a must-have in your tool box. See you again soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment