Wednesday, September 18, 2019

"Rides" with Kira

Hey there!  It's Kira and I am back with another layout in my Harry Potter vacation album, using a cut file from The Cut Shoppe.  I have been neglecting this album for a bit because I have been in a crafty funk since we returned from Florida (3 months ago!!).  But I decided I needed to push through, and get some stories documented!  So I created a kit from my stash, and have been working on it, story by story. 



I knew I wanted to document the rides we went on, so I thought this would be a perfect place to start.  Are you a fan of amusement park rides?  My husband and I most certainly are not.  But being Universal, we decided to try some out...bad idea.  Lol! 



I should've taken pictures of us right after some of the rides we took.  I am sure we were sheet white, sweaty and looked like we just cheated death, because that's how we felt.  Ha!  But I wasn't thinking about it at the time so I just used a photo of my husband as we waited in line for the Hogwarts Express. 



I chose the Midway cut file to document this story, and decided to do one page of four arrows.  I cut them out of a 5" x 8 1/4" piece of white cardstock.  Then I backed them with patterned papers and hand stitched around the arrows with coordinating embroidery thread.  I decided to type my journaling on vellum, cut it out in the arrow shape and staple over my patterned paper arrows.  Since we only rode three rides (yep, that's all we could handle!), I used the sticker "relax!" on my remaining arrow. 





On the reverse page, I used one of the white arrows to add my title "rides" to using some chipboard pink alphas.  I built a cluster with a variety of embellishments under my title and over my photo.  I added a final embellishment cluster on the bottom left of my page. 



Thanks for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment