Monday, September 9, 2019

Guest Designer | Kathleen Graumuller

We are super excited to welcome our September Guest Designer, Kathleen Graumuller!  Kathleen's layouts are always beautifully done, and we couldn't wait to see how she used our Cut Files!  She created two amazing layouts, to share with us, today!

https://www.instagram.com/scatteredconfetti/

Hey everyone, it's Kathleen aka Scattered Confetti here and I am very excited (and grateful!) that Ashley asked me to be a guest on The Cut Shoppe Blog! 

Ashley was kind enough to let me select a few Cut Files I wanted to play with and I have to say, I was spoilt for choice and I had so many ideas right away!  I actually have two layouts to share with you today, because I was just really inspired by the Cut Files.




https://thecutshoppe.com.co/products/the-flower-power-background-cut-file-is-available-in-8-5x11-and-12x12-sizes-for-your-scrapbooking-and-papercrafting-projects?_pos=1&_sid=d9d5d27b3&_ss=r


If you've been following me for a while, you probably know that I absolutely love anything floral.  So it shouldn't come as a surprise that I used a flower Cut File (this one is Flower Power) for one of my projects ;).  I only own a Silhouette Portrait so I'm especially happy that Ashley offers her background Cut Files in 12x12 and 8.5x11.



I backed all the flowers with patterned papers from Pinkfresh Studio's Just a Little Lovely collection and then added my photo and just minimal embellishing.  I think the Cut File is already such a big statement that this layout doesn't need much more!

For my next project I used the Open Letter Alpha Cut File.  I love a good font that's suitable for larger and smaller titles.  And this one is great for backing with patterned paper, which is what I'd usually do with a title.  For this one however, I had a different idea!



https://thecutshoppe.com.co/products/the-open-letter-alpha-is-a-hand-drawn-alphabet-that-can-be-used-on-your-scrapbooking-and-papercrafting-projects?_pos=1&_sid=4a8d329f3&_ss=r


First I used some spray paints in Yellow, Orange and Pink to create a mixed media background.  I used the packaging technique to get a watercolor effect.  I wanted the color to be the backdrop for the letters.

Next I cut all the letters in the same size (about 1.75 in height) from white cardstock and arranged them in four rows so that I would be able to spell out I Love You.  I simply substituted the "O" for a heart that I made myself in the Silhouette software.



To make those three letters stand out, I used the inside pieces and colored them with the same spray paints that I used for the background.  Then I adhered them with foam squares for more dimension.

For some final touches I used a few pieces from the Just a Little Lovely collection and some Nuvo Drops.  I really didn't want to add much more so I wouldn't cover up the beautiful colors or the Cut File pieces.

That's it from me today!  I hope you enjoyed these projects and they inspire you to get creative with Ashley's beautiful Cut Files.  Thanks a lot for having me, Ashley!

Thanks so much for joining us Kathleen!!  Both layouts are so gorgeous!!  Make sure you are following Kathleen on Social Media!  You can find her on Instagram @scatteredconfetti, to keep up with all of her amazing work! 

https://www.instagram.com/ashleyhorton75/
 

No comments:

Post a Comment