Sunday, September 8, 2019

sweater weather wall hanging | iris fox


Hello friends, Iris here back with more fall love using my new favorite supply, the Fall Favorites Digital Stamp set! And this time I was inspired by the "sweater weather" sentiment to make this cute, little wall hanging for the upcoming season.


I gathered my supplies: a Jillibean Soup Mix the Media 6"x6" wood and canvas panel, Simple Stories Say Cheese 4 stamp set (because it has a sweater), Sulky Water Soluble Stabilizer, Hero Arts Shadow Ink in Soft Brown, Post-it brand removable tape, an embroidery needle, and a selection of threads.


The Sulky Water Soluble Stabilizer comes in printable sheets that are sticky.  I resized the word to 1.25"x 2.5", printed it on the stabilizer sheet, cut it out in a small rectangle, peeled away the backing sheet, and stuck it to the canvas. After the stitching is done, the stabilizer is washed away!


For the sweaters, I used the sweater stamp 3 times, but after I stamped the hoodie in the middle, I stamped the image on the Post-it tape and fussy cut the center so that I could use it as a mask.  I also cut a piece to mask off the hood.  With the masking pieces on the stamp, I inked it, removed the mask pieces, and then stamped onto the canvas.


After all that prep, it just took some time to stitch it all out.  This proved a timely project for me because I was sick, so I just sat and stitched for two days.


Look at how awesome the word art looks.  I love adapting scrapbooking products onto fabric to create unique pieces!


I hope sharing this project inspires you to use scrapbooking products off the page!  Thanks for stopping by to check out my wall hanging.  Don't forget to check out the latest releases at The Cut Shoppe, including the Fall Favorites Digital Stamp set, and all the fabulous new stamp sets.  I want to use them on all the things, and I'm pretty sure you will too!! :D


No comments:

Post a Comment