Monday, September 2, 2019

Back to School with Kira

Hey there!  It's Kira and I am back with a layout in my son's school album.  My oldest son started kindergarten this year!  It's a very exciting time for all of us, but probably none more than Fish.  I got a ton of pictures on his first day, and am trying to narrow them down so I don't have entire album of his first day.  Ha!



I really wanted to use the School Days cut file.  So many of The Cut Shoppe's designers have already used it, so I thought it would be fun to alter it a bit! 



I started by cutting the cut file on white cardstock at 7.5" high (I am working in a 6x8 album for my son's school album). 



After the cut file was cut, I knew I wanted it to look like my photo was hanging out of the lower backpack pocket.  So I cut off the zipper part of the pocket, and folded it down like it was just falling open. 



Then I cut a thin strip of white cardstock, and added it to where I felt the "inner lining" of the backpack would stop.  Then I backed my cardstock with patterned papers, making sure I left the pocket as an actual pocket so I could stuff my photo inside. 



After adding my photo, I added three clusters around my page.  I kept with a blue and yellow color scheme using yellow and blue flowers and other elements from the September Citrus Twist LC kit.  I decided against adding a title to this page since I will probably add a coordinating pocket page in the future. 



Thanks for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment