Monday, December 23, 2019

Holiday Decor with Kira

Hey there!  It's Kira and I am back with a simple off the page project, using a cut file from The Cut Shoppe, to pretty up your mantle, or to give as a gift!



I started with some scrap pieces of wood.  I cut these into the basic "house" shape and sanded down the edges.



Then I used the All Caps Alpha to cut the word "joy" on my Cricut.  You can choose any word, but I went with "joy" purely based on it's length.  Instead of using the cut out letters, I used the cut file as a stencil to paint on my blocks.


I first painted the blocks a base color (opting for some non-traditional colors and not being the least bit disappointed!).  Then I used my "stencil" to paint on the letter in a different color.



Since I didn't use a stencil or stencil brush, these required a bit of post painting touch up.  I used a tiny brush to touch up the edges.



Ideally, you'd finish off these blocks with a clear spray paint so your paint won't chip in the long term, but for the sake of time, these were photographed prior to spray painting.



Thanks for stopping by!

xo, Kira


No comments:

Post a Comment