Saturday, January 18, 2020

Flutterby | Kylie Kingham.

Hello friends! It's Kylie back with you today to share a new layout I have been working on. Even though it's Summer here in Australia I wanted to create a very 'Spring' themed layout and decided to work with the gorgeous Flutterby cut file. It features a beautiful, circular wreath of Butterflies.




A white square was added to my floral background paper and for texture I added some back stitch as a border. I selected 4 different papers to back my Butterflies using the pretty 'Paisley Days' collection from Kaisercraft. It had a lovely 'vintage' feel about it. 


Once my Butterfly wreath was backed I adhered it to my background with foam tape, so that it added a nice dimension to my completed design. I kept embellishments minimal so not to distract away from the gorgeous Butterflies. Some simple floral enhancements were added surrounding my photo as well as some sub title elements as well.


For balance, I added another cluster of embellishments to the opposite side to my photo. I layered the flowers and adhered some with foam tape, again to build a sense of dimension. A small phrase tag was nestled amongst the blooms and finished with a small string bow.


Once completed I was super happy with how bright and fun my layout was.


Thanks for stopping by the blog today! Don't forget to check The Cut Shoppe's website for more fabulous cut file designs.
Until next time,










No comments:

Post a Comment