Wednesday, January 8, 2020

It's a Wonderful day to be Alive | Mandy Melville

Hello everyone!

I hope that you all had a lovely Christmas and a Happy New Year! Today I'm sharing an entry in my Journaling Bible using the Tall Titles cut file from The Cut Shoppe.


This cut file set is designed to use in standard size traveler's notebook inserts, but it's also the perfect size to add a large title in the margin of the Illustrated Faith Journaling Bible!

Tall Titles

The verse that I wanted to journal on was Psalm 118:24 "This is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it." So when I found this awesome cut file from The Cut Shoppe, I knew that it would make the perfect title for this entry. I used the Felicity Jane Madison collection, and I decided to cut the title out of the woodgrain patterned paper from the kit.


Before I stuck my title down I added some subtle colour to the background using Vicki Boutin art crayons. I also did a little bit of stamping and then I embellished the page with some floral clusters that I fussy cut out of one of the Madison patterned papers. With such a large and eye catching title, I didn't need to add too many embellishments.


I added my journaling in the space on the right hand side of the page, and then I finished the entry off  by attaching a tab at the top of the page, along with another small floral cluster.


Thanks so much for joining me here on the blog today! If you're a bible journaler, I hope that I've inspired you to use some cut files in your bible as well! Make sure you go check out the section for traveler's notebook cut files in the shop, as these are a great size for bible journaling!





No comments:

Post a Comment