Friday, January 10, 2020

Mele Kalikimaka layout - Lisa Fonseca

Hey scrappy people,

it's Lisa back on the blog to share this layout with you.



For this layout, I used a new cutfile called LET IT SNOW from the CutShoppe. It's a snowflake wreath and it's so cute. 
I had the idea to cut it out of two different colored cardstock sheets and adhered it to a pretty, matching background. In my stash, I found this cool green paper from Pinkfresh Studio and thought that those two pink shades would match perfectly. I used them to cut out my cutfile but also to create a frame for my layout. I stitched around the frame in a zigzag, using pink thread.


So when I had my two wreaths cut out, I adhered them to the background, paying attention to only put glue in the middle of each snowflake, so that later, I could create texture by pulling up the little branches. I love the effect it gives with the darker color peaking out from behind the lighter one. 



I used the same two colors to matte my photo and adhered the picture to the background using adhesive foam. I also used two older gold glitter frames behind the photo. Then I went through the rest of my Snow and Cocoa collection and used all the things that I thought would be cute. 


For my title, I used three different kinds of Thickers. I wrote "Mele Kalikimaka", which means "Merry Christmas" in Hawaiian. In the picture I'm in Oahu and even if it doesn't look like it, it was the 23th of December :)



I wanted to add more sparkle, so I used four different colors of sequins and adhered them to the little holes in the snowflakes. I also used white puffy hearts in each of the snowflakes' centers. I finished by using some white snowflakes to lighten up the wreath and also some black splatters to balance the darkness of the photo.

I hope you like it and are inspired to use this new cutfile.

Thank you so much for stopping by, see you soon!

Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment