Thursday, January 16, 2020

Fabulous NYE | Marsha Farris

Hey friends!  Marsha here again today sharing a traveler's notebook layout.  I was excited to document my New Year's Eve photos, and I decided to use the fun New Year Countdown cut file from The Cut Shoppe as a feature on my spread.



For this layout, I began by cutting out the cut file using white cardstock.  I trimmed the cardstock to fit in my TN album and backed the numbers and "Happy New Year" with black cardstock, so that it would stand out on the page.  I decided not to use the star and 2019 that was in the center of the cut file, but instead trimmed my fireworks photo into a circular shape and placed it in the center.  I love how this turned out!  For the title, I used a gold glitter word and puffy alpha stickers.  I added labels, glitter stars, and some stamping to embellish.



For the other side of the layout, I began by printing my photos in black and white into a collage.  They were not the best quality photos, so I didn't mind printing them at a smaller size.  It also allowed me to get more photos on the spread.  I layered some patterned papers behind the photos and added ephemera pieces, stamping, and puffy stickers to embellish.



Thanks for stopping by today!  Make sure you check out the amazing cut file designs at The Cut Shoppe store.  I will see you again soon!




No comments:

Post a Comment