Thursday, January 2, 2020

Happy New Year! ---- Audrey Yeager

Happy New Year!  I'm not quick enough to already be scrapping this year's New Year's photos, so I used photos from New Year's Eve 2018 and the "Happy New Year" NEW cut file in the shop.




Happy New Year


I began by cut the "Happy New Year" from white cardstock, and I also made a cut of just the outline.  In Silhouette Studio, I edited the file by removing lines so that I could just cut the interior letters and the outline of the star in the background, so that I could easily place the pieces into the outline.






Next, I used the Oodles of Doodles cut file to cut out some stars from a busy patterned paper. I inked the edges of the stars to make them stand out a bit more and machined stitched around each edge with pink thread.




On my white cardstock, I used some watercolors in pink and gold to create a mixed media background.



Next, I layered the title, stars, and photo. Then I scattered some smaller stars, die cuts, and enamel dots to finish it off! 


You can watch the process video here:




Thanks for visiting and Happy New Year!


No comments:

Post a Comment