Friday, June 2, 2017

Oh Boy

Hello, its Melissa and I'm so excited to be back with you again.  Today I have a layout to share, and I set myself a challenge to scrap an older photo of my son as a baby with a relatively girly cut file.  I adore this photo, I've had it printed off for years, but I've never been inspired to scrap it.  As soon as I saw the Social Butterfly cut file I knew I had to use it for this photo.

I used the 8.5 x 11 version of this cut file with Cocoa Vanilla Studio's "Make A Wish" collection.
In order to carry on with the boy theme, I limited myself to a predominately monochromatic colour scheme of blue and white.



I wrote my journaling on a tag and hung it off one of the butterflies wings.



I love that the butterflies don't cover the entire background.  For me its a challenge to leave a cut file plain white and not backed with patterned paper, but I love how it looks!



And here is the cut file.


Thanks so much for looking






No comments:

Post a Comment