Monday, June 12, 2017

Fun Trip

Hey there scrappy friends,

Zsoka here with you today with my last before one layout for The Cut Shoppe! However, this is my last blog post here, my last layout will only be posted on my own blog in two weeks. I hope you'll check it out, it will be a special one ;P.

As I was browsing through my cut files, I realized I still haven't used the Hul-La-Ba-Zoo cut file even though I've been wanting to for ages.

While on Spring Break in April, we went on a Safari in Italy and we took many photos of all the different animals. For whatever reason I didn't take more than 2 photos of my favourite giraffes! Either way, I decided to use the giraffe cut file to go with my giraffe pictures and document this memory.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/468665995/the-hul-la-ba-zoo-cut-file-set-includes?ref=shop_home_active_41

I chose the wonderful Crate Paper Oasis collection which reminded me of Safaris, trips and getaways. Then I cut two giraffes in two different sizes (one image I mirrored so they are facing each other) then backed them with two patterned papers from the collection.


For my background I picked a wood grain paper and I used a very limited color palette, which I find matches the Safari theme. I used embellishments from the Oasis collection: die cuts, chipboard stickers, a chipboard frame and stickers as well as some wood veneers and plain chipboards from other manufacturers. 
 


I created two clusters with tropical leaves, most of these came from the ephemera pack, some I fussy cut from a patterned paper. I also added some chipboard leaves for additional dimension. 


For my title I used the gold phrase stickers from the Oasis collection. I just love the font!



I hope you like how this layout turned out! I will be honest, I promised myself earlier to never use another animal cut file on a layout (long story!) but with these pictures this file was kind of the obvious choice right?! :)

Thank you for stopping by today and also for all the support in the past! I'm also thanking Ashley from the bottom of my heart for this wonderful year that went by way too quickly! I am grateful for having been a part of the last TCS DT. I sure will miss it!

Have a great day and see you around X

No comments:

Post a Comment