Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Sunshine | A Fall Layout With Theresa


Hello Lovelies, Theresa here with a fall-themed layout using the gorgeous Fall Wreath Cut File! You can pick up this beautiful file in the shop via the link here. This is the layout I will be sharing with you today.



This is the cut file I chose to use for this layout. I love circles on layouts and envisioned some additional florals tucked in and around the wreath itself. 


My photo for this layout was from Halloween last year, when our daughter Emberlynn dressed up as a Greek goddess. Her white flowing costume inspired me to cut the file from white card stock. The Auburn Lane collection from Pink Paislee has some of the most beautiful colors of pink and green, so I decided to work with that collection as well. I began the layout with the wood grain patterned paper from the collection and laid down some white paint splatters, still inspired by her white costume. I have been obsessed with all things paint-y and splatter-y lately, and especially love experimenting with different paints to get different textures. For this background I used Golden Fluid Acrylic in Titanium White. The splatters almost feel like enamel dots!






Once the background is dry the fun can begin! I filled the cut file with different patterned papers from Auburn Lane, which added such a variety of color and visual interest. Once I adhered the wreath to the page I began adding cut vellum pieces to the wreath, tucking and gluing all around the page.



For my title I repeated the white so it would pop against all the color on the layout. The Sunshine and hearts are foam titles from American Crafts Thickers. 


The flowers that are tucked around the wreath were fussy cut from the Auburn Lane vellum. Once I cut them out of the vellum, I cut them in half to multiply the quantity and have enough to go around the page. I used Tombow liquid adhesive to glue them underneath the cut file. Everything is secured well and it was so much fun to add each of these details to this layout!


For journaling, I used some of the washi stickers and added the year. As a final pop of color, I laid the photo inside a wooden frame from Auburn Lane, and the layout is completed.



 Thanks so much for joining me today! See you again soon! xoxo















No comments:

Post a Comment