Sunday, December 2, 2018

BRRR | A Snowy Layout!

Hello Lovelies, it's Theresa here with a snowy layout for you! It has been cold here in NC but no snow yet for us. I was inspired this month by the Quilting Square cut file, which you can purchase in the shop here!



Here is the layout to inspire you today.


The cut file reminds me of snowflakes, so I decided to work with a snow photo of our daughter Emberlynn in 2017. We had an unusual early snow in the beginning of December, so we were out in it several times having such a great time sledding! 


I was inspired by the Freezin' Season collection from Simple Stories, which has some of the best patterned papers! I cut out four of the Quilting Squares from plain white card stock and backed them with four different patterned papers.


I arranged the Quilting Squares so they are cascading down the page and adhered my photo on top of them. This is one way to invoke a feeling on this layout, the feeling of sledding down the hill. It also provides a great visual design on the page. 


I used some fun embellishments from the collection, plus a few wooden embellishments I had in my stash. I also journaled directly onto the patterned paper. This is a great way to journal and have it feel organic to your layout. The key here was to use underlining so it feels organized and pops on the page.


What a fun layout and a great story, using a really awesome cut file! I hope you will run over to the shop and grab it today! See you again soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment