Monday, December 10, 2018

Happy Holidays with Kira

Hello friends!  Are you doing a December Daily this year?  It is my third year doing one!  I am working in a 6x8 format this year and using a wood cover from Color Cast Designs.  I decided to keep it simple this year with mostly pocket pages and the occasional full page layout.



Since I am doing mostly pocket pages, I wanted to add some fun textural elements in it, to keep with my personal style.  I thought a filler page with some hand stitching would be perfect to accomplish that. 

I used the free cut file, Celebrate the Season, offered on the 7th, you can find that here.  I loved the font for "Happy Holidays".  I used the draw feature on my Cricut to trace it on some scratch paper, then taped the scratch paper to a 6x8 piece of white cardstock.  Using an awl, I pierced holes along the drawn out cut file.



I am using mostly Merry Days by Crate Paper in my album, so I wanted the embroidery floss I chose to reflect that.  I picked out a dark green, mint green, red, pink and coral.  Then I randomly chose which areas would be stitched in what colors.



After stitching, I attached a piece of patterned paper to the reverse side of my stitching and machine stitched along the edge with my sewing machine.  Then I punched some holes and stuck it in my album!



Thanks for stopping by!

xo, Kira


No comments:

Post a Comment