Tuesday, June 18, 2019

I Love You This Much | Iris Fox

Hello Lovelies, Iris hopping on to share a sweet layout all about the love my daughter has with her lovey.  As soon as I saw the THIS MUCH Cut File, it reminded me of a few photos of her hugging her Hippy, and I knew I had to create something special.


I got creative with some mixed media in the background. I used Ali Edwards acrylic paint in Columbine (aqua) and Cascade (white) mixed with Avery Elle Saphire liquid watercolor.   After I gessoed the white cardstock, I swirled the two shades of aqua/blue on, adding splotches of the paint as well.

Woven wallhangings are all the rage lately, and I was inspired by one I saw at IKEA to do a layout in that style.  I painted a wood skewer with the same blue color and added a blue trim to serve as the "hangar".  I masked a triangular area on my background where the hangar would be and then stamped two sentiments from the Felicity Jane Denise stamp set in matching colors in the masked area. (WPlus9 Lake House and My Favorite Things Nightshift Blue)
I cut the cut file around 2.5"x 4.5" out of a dusty aqua textured cardstock and hung it from my skewer with twine.  After matting the photo with pattened paper, I hung it to the right of the cut file title. Then I filled in the spaces across the layout with a variety of paper tags, trims, little embellishments, and sequins (strung together), all hung with the same twine.

Once I had everything placed where I wanted, I took a Dear Lizzy gold rub-on sheet and added a little sentiment in the space under the photo.  I also rubbed on gold hearts around the page.  For a final touch, I sprinkled gold Heidi Swapp color shine.
I'm always drawn to word and phrase cut files and like finding new ways to use them.  Here, I hung it vertically with twine to be part of my "wallhanging", and I left in unbacked so that all the yummy mixed media shines through.  Go to the shop for the THIS MUCH cut file and see what you can do with it.  So fun for any hugging photos!

Also, I invite you over to my Youtube Channel here.

Thanks for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment