Thursday, June 27, 2019

NEW CUT FILES | OBA Day

Since we're so close to the beach, we try to go often during the summer.  A few years ago, we decided to buy a boat and that makes it even more fun.  We went out last weekend, and I snapped some photos of our beach day.  The NEW Beach Life Cut File was perfect for the photo I wanted to use for my layout.


https://thecutshoppe.com.co/collections/new-designs/products/beach-life


I have to admit, that this layout got off to a rocky start!  The pink polka dot patterned paper is not what I originally started out with.  I initially had another background paper from the Crate Paper Sunny Days collection, but after I had the entire layout finished, I decided I didn't like it.  HA!  Sometimes projects just don't go the way we want them to.  Thankfully, I was able to trim out my entire design from the first background paper and place it on the new one.




I already had my cut file, photo and embellishments in place, so I just adhered it all to the new background paper.  Then I decided I wanted some texture on the beach umbrella.  I used White embroidery floss to hand-stitch along all of the lines on the umbrella.  I love the tone on tone look of the White cardstock and White embroidery floss.


Once I finished the stitching, I felt like I needed something else above the beach umbrella.  The layout is bottom heavy, since my photo and embellishments are at the bottom of the page.  I decided to add the Sun + Shine Thickers above the umbrella and I included two hearts from the Sunny Days Chipboard sticker sheet.

You can find Beach Life in The Cut Shoppe store, along with three other NEW Cut Files!!  Make sure you stop by the store to check them out!!

https://thecutshoppe.com.co/collections/new-designs

https://www.instagram.com/ashleyhorton75/
 

No comments:

Post a Comment