Saturday, June 29, 2019

Birthday Burger | Iris Fox

Hello friends.  Iris here ready to say Supersize me!  That's exactly what I did with one of the latest cut files from The Cut Shoppe. Meet Fast Food:


And this is the layout I created with this fun cut file:


I documented my daughter's 8th birthday when she actually didn't want a cake, but asked for Five Guys burger (a double of course) and fries.  This cut file was so perfect for this story! I used the Jillibean Soup Let's Celebrate collection which is chock full of fun colors.  


I started right off backing the cut file, which I cut at 6.5" tall by 8.87" wide.  I did pull a darker green polkadot from my stash for the lettuce and a woodgrain for the patty.  I didn't add back the extra sesame seeds because she usually picks some off the bun.  Wanted to keep it authentic! Lol Backing this cut file was super fun to see it come together. I added a candle from the collection right in the middle of the bun, and voila, birthday burger.


I wanted everything to pop from the background, but I didn't want it to be too dark, so I cut a 9" circle from the light green paper from the collection, backed it with a dark blue, and built the cut file and photos within the circle. I overlapped the cut file at the bottom corner to make it more fun and interesting.


I printed my journaling on vellum to add to the fry holder.  To get a rough idea of the size I needed, within the Silhouette software I copied my typed journaling and sized it on the cut file on my screen.  Then in Pages (the word processing software on my Mac) I adjusted the size and spacing to match.  Once printed, I cut them into strips and did any final adjustments as I placed it on the page.


Then I added some embellishments in the areas where the cut file meets edges, spelled out my title all along the curve with the awesome rainbow alphas that are also Jillibean Soup, and as the final touch I stitched through the middle of them to be certain they will stay down and more importantly to add interest and whimsy.


I felt like a kid with a crayon box making this layout.  Normally I'm a very literal scrapbooker, and wouldn't have though to have a huge burger and fries taking up a significant portion of my page, but I'm so glad I supersized.  It's super fun and I can't wait to do it again with fun cut files from The Cut Shoppe.  Stop by the shop to grab yourself some fun files!



1 comment:

  1. Useful article, thank you for sharing the article!!!

    Website: blogcothebanchuabiet.com chia sẻ những câu nói mỉa mai người khác hay stt một mình vẫn ổn và giải thích hiện tượng chim sẻ bay vào nhà là điềm gì.

    ReplyDelete