Thursday, January 22, 2015

Pink Pea Coat

I have a confession to make...I really love background cut files!  They are one of my favorites to use, when I am creating a layout.  So when you visit The Cut Shoppe, you will probably notice a "couple" or 50 background cut files!!  :)  I couldn't wait to try out the newest background, Totally Triangles, with lots of overlapping skinny Triangles.  So it is making a debut on the new layout I'm sharing today!




I cut the Totally Triangles 12x12 background on White cardstock, and wanted to layer it over a floral patterned paper included in the Dear Lizzy Serendipity collection.  Then I chose four other patterns from the 6x6 Serendipity Paper Pad, hand cut them into skinny triangles, and layered them randomly under the background cut file.  Once I had the background cut file in place, I sprinkled it with some Primrose Color Shine, and used a Pink Gelato to draw over a few of the areas and smudged the color with my finger.  I kept my photo, title, and embellishments clustered together, to draw attention to my photo, since I went with such a busy background.  I also incorporated the new Candid Camera cut file, and cut the word Hello to add to my page.  These words all have a brush script look and can be used in lots of fun ways on your projects!

https://www.etsy.com/listing/219448613/the-totally-triangles-background-cut?ref=shop_home_active_1

https://www.etsy.com/listing/219448100/the-candid-camera-cut-file-includes-5?ref=shop_home_active_3

You can stop by the Shop today, and check out all three new cut file sets!  I haven't had a chance to use the Let Them Eat Pie set, but I can't wait to play with that one!  And I've seen what some of the DT Ladies have done with it, so look for their layouts coming soon!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCutShoppe?ref=ss_profile

Supplies:  Totally Triangles 12x12 Background Cut File & Candid Camera Cut File:  The Cut Shoppe; Patterned Paper, Stickers, Enamel Dots, Thickers:  American Crafts; Wood Veneers & Letter Stickers:  Elle's Studio; Flair Button:  A Flair for Buttons; Gelatos:  Faber-Castell; Color Shine:  Heidi Swapp; Hi Paper Clip:  Freckled Fawn; Die Cut Machine:  Silhouette Cameo

1 comment:

  1. Wow I love the pink peacoat i also have one pink peacot its so comfortable to wear.

    ReplyDelete