Tuesday, February 21, 2017

First Day of School

Hi Everyone! It's Michelle here today with a new layout share featuring the You've Been Schooled cut file. It was the perfect chance for me to use it as Leila started school a few weeks back.


Like most of my layouts, I've made the cut file a HUGE focal point on the page. I backed the design with papers from the new Wild at Heart collection from Cocoa Vanilla Studio, then hand stitched in random places to create a little extra texture. The entire cut file piece, along with the photo stack, were then popped up from the background paper with foam tape to create some dimension. I've fussy cut some butterflies from pattern papers within the collection to use as embellishments, and added in a few die cut pieces from the ephemera pack, plus glitter dots to finish the layout off.

Here's a look at the Cut file set I chose the title from. Theres plenty more fun designs to use within this one set, so its well worth talking a look at if you have school aged children


Here's some close ups of the layout 

I've used the inner cut piece from the star on the right of the cut file within a cluster on the left of the photo. I try to do this with most cut files to avoid too much paper waste.



I've used crochet thread in multiple places around the file by either stitching multiple times or tying it together


I had some extra photos from the day so rather than use them on a completely different layout, I've shrunk them down and used them within the O's of the word school.

That's all form me today, thanks so much for stopping by. Be sure to check out The Cut Shoppe Etsy store for all your cut file needs, theres so much to choose from! 

Until next time, Happy Scrapping!



No comments:

Post a Comment