Saturday, September 29, 2018

Feeling Fallish by Jill

Hey Guys!  I've got my second Fall themed layout for the month, this time I focused on a couple different icons from the Finally Fall cut file that was released earlier this month.  You can find these adorable cut files in The Cut Shoppe Etsy store HERE.

I knew I wanted to use that super cute leaf in the Finally Fall set, so I kind of eyeballed a size and cut it three times.  Then I removed the interior cut lines and cut just the outline of the leaf three times from a pretty rust colored paper.  For additional detail and texture on the page, I used gold thread to stitch down the center of each leaf.


Next I placed my photo, layered on vintage book pages, tissue paper and patterned paper, where I wanted it on my layout and added the three leaves so they run across the page behind the photo area.


The second part of my layout uses another cut from the Feeling Fallish set, which I used for my title.  I wanted the title to sit a certain way below the photo and onto the bottom half of the page, so it took a couple tries with cutting to get it just right (my apologies, I forgot to write down the size I cut it at!).


I added in some chipboard and sticker brads, but kept this page pretty simple and clean feeling beause I love the photo of my daughter in the leaves so much.


This is my last layout for The Cut Shoppe team, my life has gotten quite hectic with some life changes and I felt like something had to give, sadly.  Thanks to Ashley and the members of TCS team, I've greatly enjoyed my time being a part of this amazing DT <3




No comments:

Post a Comment