Sunday, September 9, 2018

Here Comes Santa | Erica Thompson

Hey Hey Everyone!  Erica here with you today and I am so excited to share a layout using the newest Freebie Friyay cut file!  If you are new here then you need to head on over to our Freebie Friyay page and check out all the free awesome cut files!  You will find tons of inspiration on TCS Instagram as well using these files! Here is a look at the newest Freebie Friyay cut file Fancy Floral!
As soon as I saw this file I knew exactly what I wanted to do with it!  For some reason when I saw this I instantly thought of a Christmas layout!  Yes I said CHRISTMAS...I know it is only September but when inspiration hits you have to roll with it right?  Well I pulled out my huge holiday stash and went to work backing this file!  It did take a lot longer than I thought it would but it was totally worth it in the end!  I used a mix of holiday collections from my stash but most papers are from Bella Blvd.  
The photo I am scrapping is one of our youngest son Liam Jay.  I bought him the cutest little Santa suit from Target and could not wait to take his photos!  He made some great faces for the camera and this is one of my favorites from our mini shoot!  
That face!!  I just love it to pieces!  I knew this photo had to be in the center of the Fancy Floral cut file!  I backed it with a piece of the black pattern paper from Bella Blvd and popped it up from the page.  I also popped the cut file up as well but not as high as the photo!  
I added lots of little embellishments all around the cut file and it reminds me of a holiday wreath!  I found this Ho Ho Ho wood veneer in my stash and I think it is the perfect piece for this layout!  Here is a look at my completed layout using Fancy Floral!  
You can also check out my full process video by heading over to my YouTube channel HERE!  I hope you enjoyed this layout and we can't wait to see what you create with Fancy Floral!  Have a wonderful day!





No comments:

Post a Comment