Thursday, September 6, 2018

New Cut Files | You Just Got Served

Hey there Cut Shoppe fans!  It's time to share our newest cut file designs with you!  We've got a fun mix of designs this week, and I had a hard time choosing which one I wanted to work with.  Unfortunately, our weather made the decision for me.  As I'm writing this post, we are under a Hurricane warning.  I initially wanted to use the new Cut & Fold Floral Leaf cut file, but because of the uncertainty of our weather and the time a layout would take with this cut file, I opted to use one of the TN Decorative Cover Pages from the Snack Attack cut file instead.  And I love the way my TN layout came together, and I can always use the Floral Leaf cut file later on!


https://www.etsy.com/listing/641555739/the-snack-attack-cut-file-can-be-used?ref=shop_home_feat_4

The Ice Cream design from the Snack Attack cut file worked perfectly with this photo of our oldest daughter, enjoying her strawberry milkshake during our recent beach vacation.  I used my Studio Calico September Traveler's Notebook for this layout.  The patterned paper on the left hand side had a lot of color, so I chose one of the papers from the Crate Paper Carousel collection to cut the design from. 


Once I had the design cut, I machine stitched around the outside edge.  Before adding it in my TN, I placed a bit of patterned paper behind each of the ice cream scoops and the cherry, to bring in some of the color from the left-hand side of the page.  I also thought it would add a fun look, to do some stamping in each of the scoops of ice cream.


I decided to type my journaling on the computer and print it out...because my hand-writing is basically a hot mess!!  HA!  After I added the journaling spot, I finished the layout with a few embellishments.  I love the thin wood veneers from ColorCast Designs and I used one from the Summer Joys set and one from the new Happy Moments set.  I also had some Simple Stories stickers that I picked up on clearance at Hobby Lobby, and the colors matched my layout perfectly!  

I hope you found some Traveler's Notebook inspiration today, and for all of your crafty projects.  I love that the cut files can be used for a variety of different projects!  Make sure you head over to The Cut Shoppe Etsy store to pick up your new favorite designs!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCutShoppe

https://www.instagram.com/ashleyhorton75/
 

No comments:

Post a Comment