Thursday, March 7, 2019

New Cut Files | Stay Sweet

Hey there friends!  It's time to share our new Cut Files today, and there are some awesome designs to choose from.  I used the Floral Wreath Cut File on my layout.  Flowers are always fun to use, on any type of layout.  And with Spring quickly approaching, this would be a great Cut File to use with some of your Spring photos!


https://thecutshoppe.com.co/collections/new-designs/products/floral-wreath

I wanted to use this one a little bit differently, so I cut it twice from White card stock.  Then I backed half of each one, using the new American Crafts Stay Sweet collection by Amy Tan.  The 6x8 paper pad from the collection, worked perfectly for backing each of the flowers.  Once I had all of my flowers backed, I placed each one on the background paper, going off the page and trimmed away the excess from the edge.  Then, I machine stitched through the center of each cut file.


I used the left over pieces from the Cut File to create some extra flower embellishments.  I just trimmed individual flowers away from the Cut File and backed them with different patterned papers.  I layered those flowers over the Cut File and placed foam behind them, to add some dimension to the layout.


I changed my photo to black & white to give it a contrast from all of the colors from the Stay Sweet collection.  Then I grabbed a mix of Ephemera, Foam Thickers, and Stickers to embellish the layout.  I kept all of the embellishing in the center of the layout, where the two Cut Files came together. 

I've got a NEW Process Video showing how everything on my layout came together!  You can check it out here, and if you're not a subscriber to my channel, I would love for you to stop by and become a NEW Subscriber!!

 

We also have three other fun designs in The Cut Shoppe store, so make sure you head over to check them out!

https://thecutshoppe.com.co/

https://www.instagram.com/ashleyhorton75/

No comments:

Post a Comment