Thursday, March 28, 2019

Strut Your Stuff

Hello there! I'ts Devra  today! This Pretty as a Peacock might be one of my favorite cut files ever. But when I saw it, all I could think of was stitching it.  So I did!


I didn't have a photo in mind when I started, but I like bright colors, so I started there with bright blues, greens and pinks. By the time I finished sewing, I had the photo, and the rest of the product. Vicki Boutin Color Kaleidoscope arrived  just in time! I used the Chasing Rainbow paper behind the body of the peacock. I tried something new, using the WaterColor Markers  and also the Amy Tangerine watercolor set to fill in the feathers. The colors are beyond perfect. I definitely need some practice with the markers, but for a first try I'm really pleased with the results.



You can see more of the stitching in these detail  photos.  I like how the stitching acts as a border for the paint. Like I said, I like bright colors. This is pretty much how I envisioned it in my head.



You can find this and so many incredible cut files in The Cut Shoppe.  We love to see what you make! Share with us in our Facebook group. Thanks for stopping by today. See you again next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment