Sunday, March 17, 2019

Sparkle Like Diamonds | Mixed Media Layout With Theresa Moxley

Hello Lovelies! It's Theresa here with a mixed media layout to share with you! I have been dying to use the Floral Wreath on a layout, so that is exactly what I did. You can pick up this gorgeous cut file in the shop here.




I had a photo of our daughters from when they played indoor soccer at the YMCA a few years back, and this cut file inspired me to use some Pinkfresh Studio for a fun, happy layout!





I cut the floral wreath out of card stock from Close To My Heart and then had the idea to back each photo in rainbow order. I wanted to do a mixed media background, so I decided to make watercolor splotches behind each flower in the wreath. I used a variety of watercolor tubes from Ali Edwards, Studio Calico, and Fine Touch (Michaels brand), mixing colors that blended with colors in the Pinkfresh Joyful Day collection. This is how the background looked.




It's a little hard to tell on the photo, but I marked where each flower was on my background before I painted, so I would have a general idea where each color would go. Once my background was complete, I cut out all the flowers for the wreath and adhered it to the background with my glue gun. The glue gun helps it stand up a little from the background and allows me to tuck little elements behind the wreath as well.



I tucked the photo into the lower right hand corner and then built my title in the white space beside it. I used one of the title words from the Joyful Days collection along with some tiny puffy sticker alphabets that were from Indigo Hills 2. I also layered the photo on some of the patterned papers that are repeated within the wreath.





Once all that was complete it was time to have some embellishing fun! I love tucking tiny elements in and around the cut file. I used an arrow, a word strip, and other puffy flowers, stars, and enamel dots in three of the corners of this layout - one in the yellow corner, one in the green corner, and the other in the blue/purple corner. The fourth corner houses the journaling for the page.




When our girls played indoor soccer, they were originally placed in separate age brackets, but, as you can imagine, some days attendance for the games was low. So the girls would get called to play in each others' games, even as opposing teams. They loved it and were always so excited when that happened! So this corner wouldn't feel quite so lonely, I added a puffy heart above the journaling. The lines were created using the Sunny Days tape runner from Crate Paper.





The purple corner is so fun with the tiny puffy flower and the arrow pointing onto the photo. Below is the green corner, with puffy word sticker and branch, plus a few enamel dots.




This was such a fun layout to create! I hope you were inspired by the colors of the rainbow. Be sure to pick up this amazing cut file and then show us how you use it! See you again soon!









No comments:

Post a Comment