Sunday, July 21, 2019

christmas magic | iris fox

Hello friends, Iris here with a layout I made for #scrappychristmasinjuly using the fabulous Floral Leaf Cut and Fold file. I am usually too busy during the holidays to do much scrapbooking, so I like to get some Christmas projects done in the summer.



I started off by cutting the Floral Leaf design out of a Bazzill Swiss Dot Cardstock in Salt, which is one of my favorite cardstocks because of the texture. I added foam dots to every single leaf and to ensure I that when I glued it all down to the backing green cardstock, those leaves would really pop. I added lots of adhesive in the spaces between the rings.

I made sure to press down to get maximum adhesion, and those leaves did pop!


Then I built up a bunch of layers from scrap pieces of paper and vellum I have in my Christmas stash. I added a title made up of scripty puffy alphas from Freckled Fawn and a "magic" chipboard from one of the past December Daily kits. One of my layers is the top piece of a tag that I added twine to.



I also added a couple little stickers from a December Daily word sheet, a star clip from Felicity Jane, and I made a holly cluster out of felt balls from Amy Tangerine and two loops of ribbon. 



I wanted the cut file background to be the star of this layout, besides my photos, so I sprinkled just a handful of acrylic shapes from Color Cast Designs and gold Heidi Swapp Colorshine. Then I typed up my journaling in Photoshop by making a circle path, saving and opening it in the Silhouette software, drawing two cut circles around the journaling, then doing a print and cut on vellum.  That worked awesome for tucking the typed journaling within the leaf rings!


I had so much fun experimenting with new techniques to get the look I was going for with this cut file, which you can find in the shop! I made it look like Christmas wreaths, but you can line it with any color to get a whole different look!



Thanks for stopping by.  I do plan to have a tutorial on how I created my journaling up on my youtube channel after I get back from vacation, so I invite you to bookmark this and come back to check it out in a couple of weeks.


No comments:

Post a Comment