Thursday, July 25, 2019

NEW CUT FILES | Weekend Getaway

Hi everyone!  It's NEW Cut File day, and I'm still over here scrapping summer photos!  I like to scrap photos from the current season, and we have so many cut files that are perfect for summer projects.  There are four great Cut Files that have been added to The Cut Shoppe store, and some will work great for summer projects and some will work great for everyday projects.  I used the NEW Photo Album Cut File...which is great for everyday projects...but I paired it with my summer photos!

  
https://thecutshoppe.com.co/collections/new-designs/products/photo-album

I went into my Crate Paper stash for this layout and pulled out the Oasis collection.  I still have a ton of it, and I thought it would be fun with this Cut File.  I cut the Photo Album Cut File from one of the patterned papers.  I typically use white cardstock for my Cut Files, but I thought I would change it up for this layout.  Once the Cut File was finished cutting, I backed it with different papers from the Oasis 6x6 paper pad, and placed it on a white cardstock background.


It's been a really long time since I've used 5 photos on a layout...I rarely even do 2 photos on one layout these days.  But I decided to go with 5 for this layout.  I had some fun beach photos and since there are five of us, it worked out to use a photo in each of the frames.  I changed my photos to black & white, because I wanted the look to be consistent and I always love the graphic look of black & white.  I didn't change the original size of the Cut File, so my photos are sized to around 1.75x1.75 to fit inside the frames.


When I got ready to embellish, I chose some of the gold embellishments from the collection.  I love the look of the gold embellishments, but they are always a BIG pain to photograph!!  This time, I tried photographing my layout inside, under my light stands and with some magical editing in PhotoShop, it turned out okay.  I also wanted to bring in some more black to the layout, to complement the photos.   I chose 3 black phrases from the chipboard sheet and sticker sheet to complete the layout.

Make sure you visit The Cut Shoppe store to pick up the Photo Album Cut File!  You can use it in so many different ways and on multiple projects.  And while you're there, make sure you check out all of the other designs that are available today!

https://thecutshoppe.com.co/collections/new-designs

https://www.instagram.com/ashleyhorton75/
 

No comments:

Post a Comment