Sunday, July 28, 2019

december daily traveler's notebook inserts | iris fox

Hello cut file enthusiasts!  Iris here, and I'm getting some more #scrappychristmasinjuly scrapbooking done thanks to several fabulous holiday files in the shop: Tis the SeasonChristmas MagicTree Farm, and Tinsel Town.


I made myself four custom December Daily inserts for use in my Color Cast Designs wood veneer Traveler's Notebook covers with binder rings.


I finally brought my WRMK Foil Quill out to play!  In order to use it, I opened the ‘Tis the Season cut file and used the Internal Offset function to thicken the lines.  In order to do that, I selected the top four words, clicked Internal Offset, chose 0.010 inches, and hit Apply.  That added a line just inside the original outline.  I did that once again so most of my letters were 3 lines thick.


I selected "Sparkle" and did the same thing, but this time I continued to click on the Internal Offset until it was filled in completely. Then I chose the Sketch function before pressing the Send button.  The heated Foil Quill tip traces all the concentric lines.


I traced the ‘Tis the Season with gold foil onto vellum, and one of the trees from Tree Farm in green foil onto another piece of vellum.  I cut each to 4.25”x8.25”, the standard Travler’s Notebook size, and for the gold insert, I used a Fiskars border scallop punch on the right edge.



After that experimentation, I decided to mix it up and switch to traditional cutting, using Felicity Jane papers that I pre-cut to TN size.  I cut the "be merry be bright" out of the buffalo plaid so the sentiment is the negative on the page. For "Ho Ho Ho", I first welded the three together, then cut.  I used the positive piece, adding two tabs made from the same paper with my Tiny Attacher, then I handstitched all around the outline.


Now I have four cool TN dividers for my December Daily!  If you're finishing up holiday projects from last year, or you've started thinking about prepping for this year, stop by The Cut Shoppe to snag some fun Christmas cut files and get creative!


2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous TN designs Iris ! Thanks for the lesson using your fuse. I've messed around with it some too and love hearing new ways to incorporate it into designing. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete