Wednesday, July 10, 2019

"Nature Lover" with Kira

Hey there!  It's Kira and I am back with another 8.5x11 scrapbook layout using one of the cut files from The Cut Shoppe!




I've been in such a creative funk lately that I wasn't even sure this blog post was going to happen today, but I got inspired by a post by Crate Paper on Instagram and it really got me excited to get back in my craft room.  I knew I wanted to use one of the many photos of my youngest son on our nature walks around the neighborhood duck pond, so I searched through The Cut Shoppe to find a cut file that would work well.  I settled on Pretty Pottery.





I chose one of the flower pots and sized it to 10.5" tall and centered it on my page before cutting.  Once it was cut out, I kept both the positive and negative pieces of the cut file.  I wanted to create a messy mosaic look behind the cut file, so I traced roughly where I would need to place my mosaic pieces.




Then I chose the colors for my pot (yellow/orange), leaves/stem (green) and flowers (pink) and chose a variety of papers in each of these colors.  I cut all the papers out at 1"x 1" squares.  Then I adhered them to a piece of paper in a sort of messy fashion.  Once they were all glued down, I stitched on top with my sewing machine in a very messy back and forth manner.



I used the negative part of my cut file paper and adhered it over the top of my mosaic (and this actually looked really cute if you were going for a bolder look!).  I added foam to the back of my cut file and adhered it over top of my mosaic.  Then it was just a matter of embellishing!



Thanks for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment