Tuesday, July 23, 2019

"Skateboard" with Kira

Hey there!  It's Kira and I am back with another 8.5x11 scrapbook layout using a cut file from The Cut Shoppe.  I've been in a creative funk lately so I really wanted to use a product that excited me.  I realized I hadn't used the Secret Garden cut file yet, so I knew that needed to make it's way onto a layout!




I started by cutting the cut file out on white cardstock (for a really bold design, see how Erica used this cut file in black!).  I pulled out a few patterned papers in some colors I thought worked well together.  Since my photos are pretty neutral, I didn't feel like I was limited by a certain color scheme and just chose what made me happy, which ended up being pink, yellow and a bright lime green.



I sized my cut file at 10" wide, because I knew I wanted part of it to hang off the page.  I backed the entire cut file with foam and then adhered it so the right side was hanging off the page just a bit.



I had a few photos of my son playing at a skate park (he for sure doesn't realize it's a skate park and seems to think it's some sort of slide playground for littles, ha!), so I printed one photo at 3x4 and the others as 2" squares.  I tucked the larger photo under the cut file, and scattered the smaller ones underneath.



I added my title "Who needs a skateboard" with some woodgrain chipboard alphas, and added a few embellishments around the page.  I finished it off with some typed journaling strips.



Thanks for stopping by!

Kira


No comments:

Post a Comment