Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Poolside | Kelly Janes

Hey friends! Kelly back today with a new layout using an exclusive cut file that was available in the most recent Cut Shoppe Newsletter.


I started by cutting the Poolside Cut File on white cardstock. I then backed the words using different 6x6 patterned papers from the Fancy Pants Poolside Collection. I added machine stitching to the wreath portion of the cut file and hand-stitching around the words to help them stand out from the background.


I started by just adding white embroidery floss, but I didn't feel like the words stood out enough. So, I added pink embroidery floss on top of the white embroidery floss. That was a lot of hand-stitching, but I love the look!


I adhered the cut file to a pink patterned paper and added a mix of embellishments from the same scrapbook collection around the edges of the cut file. I tucked a few of the embellishments under the wreath portion and on top of the cut file for added dimension!


You want to make sure that you are signed-up for The Cut Shoppe Newsletter (see the right sidebar on TCS blog). The newsletter is sent directly to your inbox twice a month. These cut files are released randomly and are only available in the newsletter! Don't miss out on the next FREE newsletter cut file, but until then you can check out all of the cut files available in the shop!



1 comment:

  1. What a cool and funny layout... So nice details ani love the stitching

    ReplyDelete