Friday, January 31, 2020

Love with Kira

Hey there!  It's Kira, and I am back with another layout in my Folsom album.  Here's a look at my completed layout:



I started this layout writing a letter to my youngest son.  Him and Folsom were thick as thieves, but my youngest is still so young, I worry he won't have memories of that.  So I wrote a letter to remind him of how close they were.  I typed it on the computer and printed it on white cardstock, then trimmed it down to 4.25x8.25.



There was about 1.5" at the bottom of the page to add an embellishment.  I used the Cupid's Arrow cut file to create some DIY embellishments.

https://thecutshoppe.com.co/products/cupids-arrows?_pos=1&_sid=1f31441bc&_ss=r


I cut a heart off one of the arrows, then adhered a punched flower, topped with an enamel dot.  I finished off the embellishment by wrapping it with bakers twine.  I attached it to the white space on the bottom of the page.

I created another arrow embellishment by attaching a puffy sticker to the "o" of "love", and then wrapping it with bakers twine.  I adhered it to the photo with some tiny staples.



I wanted to add a little more color to the layout, so I punched some holes in a tag, and built an embellishment cluster on top.  I created a toothpick flag, layered it on top of a flower die cut, and used the negative space from the arrow cut file to attach a heart.





Thanks for stopping by!

xo, Kira


No comments:

Post a Comment