Thursday, June 28, 2018

New Cut Files | WKND Vibes

It's always fun to come up with new designs and ideas for cut files!  This week, we have some awesome travel and summer themed cut files available in the Shop.  There's also a new style of cut file...paper piecing!  The Wheels on the Bus cut file has all of the pieces separated for you, and ready to cut each part from your favorite patterned papers.  It also includes a solid base to build your cut file on, once you have all of the pieces cut...and I just had to use it for the layout I'm sharing today!


https://www.etsy.com/listing/609996462/wheels-on-the-bus?ref=shop_home_active_1

Isn't it the cutest??!!  I used the Crate Paper Here & There collection, and I love the way all of the different patterned papers work on the cut file.  I cut the base from White card stock and once I had all of the pieces put together, I also added some hand stitching.  The embroidery floss adds just the right little extra touch to the cut file.


I did bring in a patterned paper from the Crate Paper Wild Heart collection for my background.  It's one of my favorites and it coordinated perfectly with the Here & There collection.  I placed the cut file in the center of the layout, and then decided to work all of my embellishments and photo around it.


The photo is from this past weekend, when my hubby and I visited Laurel, MS, for our 19th anniversary trip.  It is such a cute town and I snapped tons of photos.  The photo on the layout, is outside of the Laurel Mercantile Co., and I knew it would fit right in with the Wheels on the Bus cut file.  I placed it at the bottom of the layout and then added the title to the top of the layout, to create balance.  Then I used a mix of embellishments from the Here & There collection to complete the look.

There are some other awesome cut files available this week, and I can't wait to use them on upcoming projects.  You can find them in The Cut Shoppe Etsy store, so head over and "check" (as in, adding them to your shopping cart!!) them out!!  :)

https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCutShoppe

https://www.instagram.com/ashleyhorton75/
 

No comments:

Post a Comment