Friday, June 15, 2018

YAY Showtime

Hey there friends! Kelly back again today to share a new 12x12 layout using The Big Screen Cut File.




I started in Cricut Design Space by slicing out the filmstrip portion of the cut file. I then unlocked the dimensions of the cut file and resized the filmstrip so my small 2x2" photos would fit behind the openings. I duplicated the filmstrips once I had them sized correctly and then cut both of the filmstrips on black cardstock.


My photos are very grainy so I converted them to black & white and printed them small to try to mask some of the poor quality. This layout is more about the story than the photos so I didn't mind that the photos weren't perfect. I positioned my photos behind three of the openings in the filmstrip and used the other remaining spots for my journaling.


Sometimes the stories that need to be told don't always have the perfect photos to go along with it. I love that the filmstrip from The Big Screen Cut File was a great way to not only get multiple photos on my layout, but it also helped mask some of the imperfections of the less than perfect quality of the photos!


Now you can take a look at my process video that includes a Cricut tutorial.



Thanks so much for spending part of your day with me and remember to head to The Cut Shoppe Etsy Store to check out all of the cut files!


No comments:

Post a Comment