Monday, June 11, 2018

Hello There by Jill

Hey friends!  I'm sharing a new mixed media page today highlighting the Word of Mouth file in The Cut Shoppe Etsy store!

I started this page by sizing the Hello There file to approximately 3.6 x 3.7 inches with my Silhouette software.  I cut the file and then backed it with tissue paper.  I used my sewing machine and white thread to stitch around the circle a few times.


Next, I mat the photo with tissue paper and a few layers of patterned papers.  I adhered this to my mixed media background on top of a few thread nests.  My background is white cardstock covered in gesso, then I used several colors of spray inks to add lots of coordinating color to the layout.



I added stickers and die cuts, making layers with the black and white striped circles behind the other embellishments.  I wanted to tie in the black letter stickers to the rest of my page.


My last step was adding journaling and the date.


Thanks for checking out my newest project for The Cut Shoppe!


1 comment:

  1. Love the colours Jill and your mixed media is delicious! I also think the pops of b&w strips is fantastic !

    ReplyDelete