Sunday, June 24, 2018

My Tribe by Jill

Hey crafty friends, it's Jill with a new mixed media layout featuring the Flock of Feathers file from The Cut Shoppe Etsy store!

I began this layout by covering my 12x12 white cardstock with clear gesso; once dry, I added tons of different spray ink colors.  I would add the color in a few spots on the cardstock, dry it with a heat tool, then add another layer of color.

I cut the Flock of Feathers file as large as I could on my Silhouette, also from white cardstock.  I wanted those beautiful feathers to pop off the mixed media background.  I trimmed about a half inch off the colorful background; the feathers and mixed media paper were then adhered to patterned paper, and I used my sewing machine to stitch around the perimeter.


Anytime I do a large background file I tend to keep the other embellishments simple.  After adding my photo to the page I placed a few die cuts around it.


I added a few cross-shaped die cuts around the page too.


This is a photo of my niece and I at a rap show, and I thought the funky colors of the photo meshed well with the mixed media work.


Thanks so much for stopping by TCS blog today!

2 comments: