Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Shello! Layout | Elsie Robinson

Hey friends, it's Elsie back again with another 12x12 layout to share with you! This time I'm using another one of the newest items available in the store: The Beach Bum cut file set.


As soon as I saw the shell cut file, I knew I had to make a page with it. I love anything to do with the ocean so this cut file set is one I will get a lot of use out of!


I cut the shell from white cardstock and sized it to approximately 8x8 inches, as I wanted it to be the stand-out image on this layout. I backed each section of the shell with different patterned papers from the Dear Lizzy Stay Colorful collection.


I love backing cut files with patterned paper, as it helps all of the contrasting patterns and colours on the papers work together... It's a totally foolproof technique!


I created a land/sea scene around the shell, and made sure all of the scenic elements and my photo were touching the shell. This creates a more cohesive design as the large cut file helps join all of these separate elements together.

I hope you're inspired to grab The Beach Bum set for yourself and create lots of Summer pages!


No comments:

Post a Comment