Thursday, December 13, 2018

Darling Just Believe In Yourself

Hello Lovelies, Theresa here today to share a layout with you. I thought I would take a break from Christmas documenting and create a layout in my Things I Need To Hear project. This is a project I work on whenever I want to remind myself of good things. I am loving the Geometric Art Cut File which can be downloaded here. and so this was my starting point for the layout.




Here is my layout I have created.



I took color cues from my shirt in this photo, which is light pink-ish/purple. The colors in Indigo Hills 2 from Pinkfresh Studio coordinate beautifully, so I cut my file using one of the dark purple patterns, and filled in the cut file with other patterns from the collection.



To contrast the cut file, I used a lighter ombre effect paper as my background paper. I also used lighter color patterns to fill the shapes within the cut file. I also cut out the branches and floral elements from the patterned papers in the collection, and used those behind my photo.




I love how the florals soften the cut file a bit, but I also kept them just around the photo so it didn't obscure the cut. I also used one of the die cuts in the collection as my title. I think it is important for us to remind ourselves that we are everything we need and we can trust ourselves to believe in ourselves.




Underneath the photo and title I also added a bit more handwritten journaling. It is just tucked under the cut, and that inspired me to add the date at the top corner. I tucked it just under the edge as well, and added just a few more cut leaves I had left over.




I hope you are inspired to create a layout affirming your own strengths today! Thank you for joining me on the blog and I will see you again soon!












No comments:

Post a Comment