Friday, December 7, 2018

Very Merry Freebie Friyay - Celebrate the Season

We're kicking off our month long Very Merry Freebie Friyay gift to you!  All of our cut files this month are FREE, so make sure you visit the Blog every Friday to download the new design.  You can click on the image of the cut file to go to the download page.  Today, we have the Celebrate the Season cut file.  There are some fun phrases to add to your holiday projects and I've got a layout to share with you, using the Happy Holidays sentiment.


https://app.box.com/s/eo91pog3cfhn1ms5yz4r83uuf2go0l8x

I decided to use the December Days collection from Pinkfresh Studio for my layout.  I wanted my layout to have a graphic look, so I used a White card stock background, to make the colors from the collection really pop.  I cut the Happy Holidays phrase in the bottom corner of the card stock and then backed each letter with a patterned paper from the December Days 6x6 paper pad.


I wanted to have layered, scattered stars above the title so I cut a variety of sizes on my Cameo and randomly placed them on the background.  Since I had a star theme going on, I thought it would be fun to have a star shaped photo too.  You can see how I created my shaped photo in the Process Video below.


  
I finished the layout with a mix of embellishments from the December Days collection.  I filled in some of the open spaces between the stars with different products to create texture and dimension.



I hope you have fun using the Celebrate the Season cut file on your project!  And don't forget to check out the Holiday section in The Cut Shoppe Etsy store for more Christmas themed cut files! 

https://www.instagram.com/ashleyhorton75/

5 comments:

  1. What a great layout! Thank you for these fun cut files. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The layouts made with Cut Shoppe files are always wonderful. Thank you for the freebies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much, Ashley! Awesome cut file, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for all the Friyay Freebies. I can't wait to use them!!!

    ReplyDelete