Saturday, December 22, 2018

Merry Christmas Star | Amanda Baldwin

Hi Friends!

Amanda here, & boy oh boy am I getting excited for Christmas! It's the most wonderful time of the year! I just love spreading the Christmas cheer!
For today's layout I wanted to create something fun 'n' magical, & The Christmas Star cut file was the perfect choice!

Here's my layout, "Merry"


Isn't this magical?!! 
I have been inspired by visions of sugarplums and used all the pink, glitter & sparkles! 
That giant sequin shaker star is just stunning! And I just adore the super glittery Merry title! 
There's no denying that the Christmas Star digital cut file is all kinds of awesome!
It looks like this....


Wow! What an amazing file with SO many possibilities!
You can get this fabulous cut file from The Cut Shoppe HERE. 

For today's layout, I simply enlarged the Merry star to 8 inches wide and cut it out in white Bazzill cardstock. I created a 'pocket' by backing the star with a layer of pattern paper & vellum. Before I sealed off the pocket, I filled it with sparkly sequins. To add extra sparkle and interest, I glued more sequins over the top of the vellum, and then dressed the title in pink glitter paste. I just loved how this turned out! So festive & fun!
Here's a closer look for you....


To enhance the magical feel of this layout, I created a whimsical, cotton candy style background with Shimmerz Paints Vibez: Jeni Be Bleu, Vibez: Sweet Heart, Coloringz: Oh Say Can U Sea? & Spritz: Cotton Candy. This mixed media base really makes the Merry star stand out. For added 'pop' factor, I mount the Merry star on thickened foam tape. So effective! 


On closer view, you'll also spot that I embellish the Merry star with a few stickers, and some cotton floss threads! Very pretty details! 


Just look at that glitter title! So.much.sparkle!!!
The Christmas Star cut file is just a stunning addition to any Festive project! 


Aren't they adorable?! Such a Merry Christmas moment! 

With only 3 days til Santa comes, I want to take this opportunity to wish you and your loved ones a safe and very Merry Christmas! 
And a Happy New Year!

Thanks so much for stopping by today, 
You can shop the Christmas Star file & more in The Cut Shoppe HERE.




No comments:

Post a Comment