Monday, February 18, 2019

Frozen Today | Kelly Janes

Hey friends! Kelly here with a new winter themed layout using the Snow Day Background Cut File. This is my favorite go-to cut file for snowflakes!



I started in Cricut Design Space by slicing a single cut file from the background. I then resized the snowflake and duplicated it many times. I wanted to have a wide variety of sizes of snowflakes to scatter across my layout.


I cut all of the snowflakes on white cardstock, and I then grabbed a light blue colored cardstock to use as my background so the snowflakes would stand out. I grabbed my photo (which is a lot larger than I typically use!) and positioned it in the the lower right hand corner of my layout.


I then scattered the snowflakes diagonally across the layout and created a few embellishment clusters to create a visual triangle. I only added adhesive to the center of each of the snowflakes and then used my finger to ruffle the edges of the snowflakes to create added dimension.


I'm thinking this will be my last winter themed project this season. I'm ready for warmer weather so I think I'll live vicariously through my Spring/Summer collections and photos! Who's with me?! Remember to visit The Cut Shoppe Store to check out all of the cut files! There is something for each and every season!


No comments:

Post a Comment