Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Happiness | Marsha Farris

Hey friends!  Marsha here today sharing a traveler's notebook layout using the Hexagon Heart cut file from The Cut Shoppe.



Heart cut files are my favorite ones to use on layouts.  When I saw this geometric heart, I couldn't resist using it in a big way on my spread.

For this layout, I used mainly the Pinkfresh Studio Joyful Day collection.  I began the page by using my Silhouette Cameo to cut out the file using white cardstock.  I backed the cut file with some pink striped patterned paper from my stash. 

Next, I layered some patterned paper behind my photo, and added some ephemera pieces and puffy stickers around the photo.  I also fussy cut a few elements from the patterned papers in this collection and added them to the page.  A large "happiness" puffy sticker serves as my title.



I added a small embellishment cluster at the top of the other page, using more ephemera pieces and puffy stickers.  How cute is that little pinwheel?!?  I wish there had been more of those in the pack!

At this point, I felt like the page was missing something, so I tore the background paper in two spots and added some patterned paper behind the torn areas.  To finish off the spread, I splattered some white acrylic paint.



Thank you for stopping by today!  I hope you will try using a large cut file on your next project!


No comments:

Post a Comment