Monday, February 3, 2020

Christmas Traditions- Audrey Yeager

I'm almost caught up with my winter holiday scrapping, but have a few more pages I want to get done!  I wanted to document a new tradition that I started with my kids of making pierogi for Christmas Eve dinner, so the Christmas Traditions cut file was perfect for this page.   Better yet, this was a FREEBIE cut file that Ashely gave away during the 12 Days of Christmas!







Christmas Traditions

A goal of my holiday scrapping is to try and use my stash.  I broke out some OLD Basic Grey papers (from 2006!) and was determined to use them on my page.

I first cut the cut file from white cardstock. In Silhouette Studio, I worked with the file to cut out the backing for the letters with patterned paper (instead of tracing and backing each letter by hand). I also recut the word "Christmas" from a different colored paper to make it stand out a bit more.





On the page itself, I cut a large circle for the background, distressed and machine stitched around the edges.  I layered my photos with a mat and some patterned paper, and fussy cut flowers that I cut from patterned paper.




I also cut some small circles from patterned paper as well, and embellished with enamel dots, puffy stickers, brads, and a few more punched flowers.




Thank you for joining me today!

You can watch the entire process here:





No comments:

Post a Comment