Sunday, February 23, 2020

Curl up with a Good Book | Mandy Melville

Hey friends!

Mandy here with you today to share a layout that I created using the Good Book cut file from The Cut Shoppe. My eldest daughter Abi is an avid reader, so this was the perfect cut file to use to document a photo I snapped of her recently while she was reading.


The Good Book cut file:

Good Book

I started by cutting the cut file out of white cardstock, and then backing it with patterned papers from the Felicity Jane Shay collection. I don't often use coloured patterned papers for my background, but I decided to use one this time, to help the cut file to really stand out against the background, and I like the subtle tone-on-tone stripes on this patterned paper. I backed the cut with craft foam before adhering it to the background to give it some extra dimension.


I added a couple of layers behind my photo using a 3x4 journaling card and a tag, and then adhered it over on the right hand side of the page. I fussy cut some pretty florals to embellish around the photo, and I also added a sub-title across the bottom of the photo using a die cut word from the Shay collection, and a little puffy word sticker.


To balance out the photo cluster over on the right hand side of the layout, I created a second cluster to the left of the cut file. I repeated elements in this cluster that I'd used in the main one including another fussy cut floral cluster and another little puffy word sticker. I also added a label here to record the book that my daughter was currently reading when I took the photo.


I finished the layout off with some typed journaling and a couple of chipboard asterisks.

Thanks so much for joining me here on the blog today! I hope that you enjoyed taking a look at my layout.

No comments:

Post a Comment