Wednesday, February 5, 2020

DEN fun with Kira

Hey there!  It's Kira and I am back with another layout in my Life Crafted album.  If you are unfamiliar with these albums, they are from Citrus Twist Kits and are about the size of a standard travelers notebook.  But they are in a six ring binder form, and include page protectors and pocket pages.  Here's a look at the layout I created today:


Today I am telling the story of what career I had when I got my dog Folsom, and why I chose a new career because of him.  I typed out my journaling on white cardstock and cut it down to 4.25x8.25.  There was a space at the bottom of the page where I placed a sticker and did a little hand stitching. 


 In this album, I've been loving the look of bits of ephemera punched and stuck in throughout.  And there were some cute pieces in the Dear Lizzy She's Magic collection that I thought worked perfectly like this first class tag:


I used another die cut, which looks like a postcard, as well.  But the back looked very plain, which is where The Cut Shoppe's Ready Set Go cut file comes in!



With a little Cricut magic, I was able to cut one of the cute little airplanes out on patterned paper, and created my title for the page "DEN fun" (which is the airport code for Denver, where I was based during this time).  

On the reverse page, I fussy cut a photo of Folsom, and adhered it to a patterned paper with blue skies, clouds and paper airplanes, which seemed fitting.  


The page seemed a little simple though, so I added in an embellishment cluster above the photo, on the left hand side of the page.  


And that's it!  Thanks for stopping by!


xo, Kira 








No comments:

Post a Comment