Monday, January 21, 2019

2019 Goals with Kira

Hey friends!  It's Kira and I am back with another 8.5x11 scrapbook layout today! 




I really love the new Floral Frame cut file from The Cut Shoppe.  But I really wanted to figure out a different way to use it...and here's why:  a few months ago, the Flutterby cut file was released.  And for obvious reasons, it was a favorite among the design team.  I think everyone ended up using it.  And while all of our designs definitely looked different, there wasn't a ton of variety in how we used it.  So when I saw the Floral Frame, I thought, this is definitely going to be a favorite...and sure enough it has been.  But I wanted to show you how it could be used in a different way!



I started by cutting the cut file out on my Cricut sized as 11.5" wide on textured white cardstock.  Then before backing anything, I cut apart all of the flowers from each other.  I tried to salvage as many flowers as possible, and think I only tossed two in the process. 



Then I picked out my color scheme.  I have been really loving yellow lately, so I wanted to make sure that was the main color on my page.  I added in some navy and a touch of teal. 



I backed all of my flowers, loosely, not even attaching the entire white outline to the patterned paper.  This not only made the process faster, but it also added a little more dimension to my page.  Then I arranged my flowers in a diagonal pattern down my page. 



After that, it was just a matter of some simple embellishing, some journaling and some black and gold splatters!



Thanks so much for stopping by!

xo, Kira


No comments:

Post a Comment