Thursday, January 24, 2019

New Cut Files | Good Times

It's my favorite day at The Cut Shoppe...NEW CUT FILE day!!  I had a hard time deciding which cut file I wanted to use on my layout for today, because I love all of them so much!  But I can never resist a heart shape, so I went with the Hexagon Heart design.


https://thecutshoppe.com.co/collections/new-designs/products/hexagon-heart


My initial thought, was to use cut the Hexagon Heart around the same size as my background and back the individual spaces with patterned paper.  But, I decided to change things up a bit and cut the design a bit smaller, to include more of them on the layout.  I cut 8 of the hearts from White card stock.  Then I used 6x6 patterned papers from the Pink Paislee Whimsical collection by Paige Evans, to back each of the hearts.  I staggered them on my background paper and then stitched down the center of each one.
 



I also thought that I wanted to cut the Hold My Heart cut file and use it for my title.  I did cut it from Black card stock and layered it over my background, but I felt like it was too much, so I decided to leave it off.  I really liked the simple look of the Hexagon Heart cut file in the background with the pops of color from the patterned papers.  


In the end, I decided it was best to add my photo to the one full heart on the layout, and cluster my embellishments around it.  I went with a small title, using the Good Times sticker from the Whimsical sticker sheet.  I wanted to add a bit more embellishing to the layout, without covering up the hearts, so I created two more clusters with some of the frame stickers.  I popped both of them up with some foam pieces and placed a flower ephemera piece in each one.  And for a finishing touch, I placed a few of the epoxy stickers around the page.

All of our NEW Designs today would work great for upcoming Valentine's Day projects, but I love that they work well for everyday layouts, too.  Make sure you head over to The Cut Shoppe Store to check out all four designs!

https://thecutshoppe.com.co/

https://www.instagram.com/ashleyhorton75/
 

No comments:

Post a Comment